• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamsie

Barrica - Goodge Street

I went to a Tapas bar that's just opened on Goodge Street last night. The guy in the kitchen is the guy from the Moro stall on Exmouth Market, he's a good guy and really knows his food.

They're going for a reasonably quiet opening with not too much publicity so they can get up to speed without any pressure/hype but from what i had it was pretty good already, we had escabesche of mackerel, pork & oxtail meat balls and a tremendous beetroot dish.

Most of the dishes are from £3-£7 so decent value meaning you can pick away and eat and drink all evening, he said they were going for a tapas bar rather than a tapas restaurant thing and reckoned the charcuterie was well worth getting involved with.

The wine list was worth a look too.

Anyway i liked it and if you disagree i know people OK?

That's all i'm saying.

http://www.barrica.co.uk/

Sign in to follow this