• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pete Lorenzo's in Trenton closed

Rich Pawlak

Once one of the state's finest steakhouses, and a wildly popular place for state politicos in Trenton, Pete Lorenzo's Cafe, seems to have done an el foldo, according to today's Trentonian newspaper:

http://trentonian.com/articles/2009/09/19/news/doc4ab4686417c73655588099.txt

Sad. Once a great restaurant.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 3 weeks later...

"Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for lunch, maybe early dinner," says the owner in the Trenton Times on Sunday. "And now cash only, like the old days." Yeah, classy, too.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I think their open face meatball sandwich far outshines their burgers. It comes bathed in a really excellent marinara sauce and the meatballs are chopped vs. large round balls of beef.

I never got the burger rep in the first place, it's decent enough but nowhere near some of the others I've had.