• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vineet Bhatia

Rasoi used to be one of my favourite restaurants, and the other day a friend and I were passing by when we decided to look at the menu. It mentioned the 'Indian tapas' place in Westbourne Grove, and the other day I noticed a new VB restaurant opening up across the Intercontinental in Park Lane (next to Nobu, almost). Has anyone been to any of these? How are they? What are your impressions of Rasoi?

Rasoi used to be one of my favourite restaurants, and the other day a friend and I were passing by when we decided to look at the menu. It mentioned the 'Indian tapas' place in Westbourne Grove, and the other day I noticed a new VB restaurant opening up across the Intercontinental in Park Lane (next to Nobu, almost). Has anyone been to any of these? How are they? What are your impressions of Rasoi?

I noticed these ventures mentioned in the menu last week when I dined there, but haven't been to them myself. The Lincoln Street Rasoi itself remains at the same level it's been since it opened 3 or 4 years ago IMHO, although in the hot weather some aircon wouldn't go amiss. Mmm... the mushroom and icecream thing they do, that's got me salivating (or dribling depending on how you look at it).

Cheers, Howard