• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crawfish in Kimberton

Craig and Nancy Miller are at it again. It's crawfish boil time in Kimberton, specifically at their BYOB, The Station Bistro.

I've culled the details from their press release. Anyone think this would make a killer gathering of eGulleteers?

May is prime crawfish season, and Craig Miller is itching to do another real crawfish boil. Specifically on May 17th, 12-7PM.

Miller and wife Nancy have been doing crawfish boils in their backyard for years, sharing their passion for Louisiana cooking with family and friends. "Nancy and I really got into crawfish when we worked in New Orleans," says Miller. We could easily down five pounds of crawfish each with some good beers at a local bar.”

“We have the crawfish flown in fresh from Louisiana that day,” Nancy Miller points out, “and we use an authentic seasoning blend to flavor the boil. It’s the real deal.”

Diners will have a choice of getting All-You-Can-Eat crawfish, savory jambalaya, cool, creamy coleslaw and a beverage for $28.95; OR a full helping of the Station Bistro’s famous, smoked-on-site baby-back ribs, french fries, coleslaw, and a beverage for $25.95. There will be some Sly Fox beers for tasting, but since the Station Bistro is a BYOB, Craig Miller suggests diners also bring a few good beers to pair with the mudbugs and/or ribs. I can speak for both the Cajun food and the ribs. Top notch stuff.

The Station Bistro’s 2nd Annual Crawfish Boil starts at 12:00pm on Sunday May 17, 2009. Reservations can be made at (610)933-1147 or via the restaurant’s e-mail link at www.stationbistro.com

If anyone interested in gathering a group to chow down, I am up for that. PM me.

I'll take names.

Station Bistro

1300 Hares Hill Rd

Kimberton, PA

Edited by Rich Pawlak (log)

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Sly Fox AND Yuengling beers will be sampled at this event. Yum.

The new Yuengling Bock would be a great match for either the crawfish and jambalaya or the ribs dinners. Extra yum.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

• 2 weeks later...

And they'll be doing it again!

This time it's June 14th, 12-7PM, with adjusted prices.

Diners will have a choice of getting All-You-Can-Eat crawfish, savory jambalaya, cool, creamy coleslaw and a beverage for $33.95 (dem crawfish prices went up!); OR a full helping of the Station Bistro’s famous, smoked-on-site baby-back ribs, french fries, coleslaw, and a beverage for $27.95. There will be some Victory and Yuengling beers for tasting, but since the Station Bistro is a BYOB, Craig Miller suggests diners also bring a few good beers to pair with the mudbugs and/or ribs. I can speak for both the Cajun food and the ribs. Top notch stuff. They went through 450 lbs of crawfish for the first Boil, and the place was jumping start to finish. Lotta fun. Dangerously spicy addictive mudbugs and an awesome jamabalaya. Even the corn on the cob was good. The ribs are some of the very best I've ever had anywhere.

“We have the crawfish flown in fresh from Louisiana that day,” Nancy Miller points out, “and we use an authentic seasoning blend to flavor the boil. It’s the real deal.”

The Station Bistro’s 2nd Annual Crawfish Boil , Part II, starts at 12:00pm on Sunday June 14, 2009. Reservations can be made at (610)933-1147 or via the restaurant’s e-mail link at www.stationbistro.com

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

In addition to next Sunday's Crawfish Boil II, the Station Bistro has released their new Summer Menu, which now includes breakfast. I like the reinterpreted classics I see. And the gentle prices.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large