• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Konstam

(the restaurant).

Ok, honestly, this was one of the best meals I've ever had in London, and I've eaten a LOT.

We got there really late (I know waiters hate that), but they were so incredibly gracious. A friend arrived even later, and the kitchen made him something despite having been halfway through cleaning up.

My main, of lamb and barley, was so good. The lamb was perfectly cooked and the barley was light. I had the meringue for dessert and everyone at my table kept eating it. Same with my starter (perogies) - I couldn't keep them on my plate.

I was initially suspicious of a menu produced with mostly London ingredients (was definitely alarmed at the idea of eating pigeon for that reason) but it surpassed my expectations.

Also, it had one of the nicest dining rooms I've been in.

Edited by gingerbeer (log)