• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Processors in the UK

Ocassionally I find a food processor is required for recipes I'd like to try out. However, I notice they vary in price drastically. I'm aware you get what you pay for but since it won't be used as a daily appliance, I'd like to think a compromise on expense can be made, so I don't feel I'm paying a fortune to help with the ocassional recipe but not paying so little that it's completely useless.

http://www.stylecookshop.co.uk/Product/0/d...niprepplus.html

I found this processor that tends to retail at places like Amazon for £69.99. Could someone recommend an alternative or suggest whether or not this machine is a worthwhile purchase?

Edit: A lot of recipes say 'use the pulse button'. I don't see anywhere on this description a pulse button. Does it have one?!

Edited by SaladFingers (log)

I think you'll find this is quite a small machine and it would really restrict you making soups etc.

I've had various processors in the past and would really recommend spending out on a good one as cheaper versions are really not up to tough jobs.

Since I have had my magimix, I've used it for so many things. It even beats egg whites beautifully. Yes, it does pulse. It's a great way of controlling what you are chopping.

Nisbets had the best offer when I was buying mine.

Ocassionally I find a food processor is required for recipes I'd like to try out. However, I notice they vary in price drastically. I'm aware you get what you pay for but since it won't be used as a daily appliance, I'd like to think a compromise on expense can be made, so I don't feel I'm paying a fortune to help with the ocassional recipe but not paying so little that it's completely useless.

http://www.stylecookshop.co.uk/Product/0/d...niprepplus.html

I found this processor that tends to retail at places like Amazon for £69.99. Could someone recommend an alternative or suggest whether or not this machine is a worthwhile purchase?

Edit: A lot of recipes say 'use the pulse button'. I don't see anywhere on this description a pulse button. Does it have one?!

Danielle Ellis

Edinburgh Scotland

www.edinburghfoody.com