• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greentree PA

NancyH

We'll be staying with a group at the Radisson Hotel in Greentree shortly. I remember a Cambodian restaurant nearby there a couple of years ago - don't know if it is still there.

I'd love it if yinz could give me some recommendations for great eats in or very close to Greentree.

Thanks!

"Life is Too Short to Not Play With Your Food" 

My blog: Fun Playing With Food

I'd love it if yinz could give me some recommendations for great eats in or very close to Greentree.

Angkor is still there, assuming that's the one you mean (it's about the only good resto in Greentree).

The hotbed of South Hills dining is on Washington Rd. in Mt. Lebanon. Bistro 19, Il Pizzaiolo, Iovinos. But you'd be just as close to downtown as you would be to Mt. Lebanon. You can also try Tamarind Savoring India in the Scott Towne Center near the intersection of Greentree Rd. and Cochran (end of Rte 121 So).

Rich Westerfield

Mt. Lebanon, PA

Drinking great coffee makes you a better lover.

There is no scientific data to support this conclusion, but try to prove otherwise. Go on. Try it. Right now.

If you like beer, Sharp Edge is pretty close.

Sharp Edge

The location near Greentree is the Creekhouse.

As mentioned, Angkor is very close. Mad Mex in Scott Towne Center is a short drive. I'm a big fan of big burrito restaurants (of which Mad Mex is the "flagship brand") though others aren't as high on them.

Because there is a large Indian population in Greentree, there are quite a few Indian options within 10 minutes of your hotel. My favorite is Namaste on Banksville Road.

As mentioned, Washington Road has some great choices. I'd add Little Tokyo to the list given.

Iovino's is actually on Beverly Road, which is also home to two other pretty good options: Sushi Three and Bado's. Coffee Tree also has some of the best coffee in town. Oh, and Atria's is right down the road.

(I just noticed that PaniniGuy is affiliated with Aldo Coffee, so I wanted to give a shout out to Aldo in addition to the praise I gave to Coffee Tree. Aldo's is always one of the highlights of Saturday morning Uptown Farmers market visits.)

Edited by mjg (log)