• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coal Harbour Area Restaurants

My husband and I will be down in the Vancouver area for our 10 year anniversary next month. I am thinking of booking a float plane tour followed up with dinner someplace. Since the tours depart and arrive out of Coal Harbour, what restaurants in the area would make an ideal location for a special dinner? I am thinking Cardero's but am unsure what the ambience is like there. Any other places that I should check out?

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

Looks like the float plane idea will be out of the question. We won't be arriving in Vancouver until around 8 pm so will just head out for dinner someplace.

We are staying in the Sheraton Wall Centre so I'll try to find something in that vicinity. I'm thinking of booking Villa de Lupo and trying to get the private room. My hubby is not a foodie so as much as I enjoyed Metro and would love to try Parkside, I don't know if there will be alot on their menus to appeal to him.

Thanks for the recommendations!

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

Looks like the float plane idea will be out of the question. We won't be arriving in Vancouver until around 8 pm so will just head out for dinner someplace.

We are staying in the Sheraton Wall Centre so I'll try to find something in that vicinity. I'm thinking of booking Villa de Lupo and trying to get the private room. My hubby is not a foodie so as much as I enjoyed Metro and would love to try Parkside, I don't know if there will be alot on their menus to appeal to him.

Thanks for the recommendations!

For great Italian only 3 blocks from the Wall Centre there is Cibo in the Moda Hotel at 900 Seymour St (604-602-9570).

• 2 weeks later...
Metro is great.

Lift - great views and ambience, middling food.

Parkside - great food, and a super nice patio and room.  V. Romantic. But it means heading into the West End - not far at all really.

I like Il Giardino, especially for a special occasion, more than Villa Del Lupo. The latter is a bit quiet, which might be more romantic, but might also be a bit boring.