• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Delicatessen

Nathan

It's a fun concept....modernized takes on deli food combined with a club/bar space (downstairs).

Staff was competent and friendly.

Panzanella could have used more flavorful tomatoes but it's not a bad rendition of the dish. Of course, the idiot girls sitting next to me at the bar sent theirs back because they had ordered it with "dressing on the side." (Beats me how you can ask for olive oil and tomato water on the side...but then they didn't seem real swift.)

halibut tacos were kind of bland.

"reuben fritters" were good (how could they not be?)...deep-fried and dipped in thousand island dressing.

portions are very generous and prices reasonable. I think they've probably calibrated the location and price point exactly right.

think Stanton Social does deli and you pretty much have the food/scene pinned.