• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rialto or Miel

Dryden

And have anything good or bad to say?

Visiting from New York for Sunday July 6th... Which is a tough day to find anything open.

Appreciate any suggestions...

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!

• 2 weeks later...
And have anything good or bad to say?

Visiting from New York for Sunday July 6th...  Which is a tough day to find anything open.

Appreciate any suggestions...

You've probably already found a destination, but just thought I'd say that I had a meal recently at Rialto and very much enjoyed it. Most of my party chose the tasting menu, which was delicious, and some of us were pleased that they're willing to make the tasting menu vegetarian. The service was very gracious. The space, I'll admit, is not stunningly gorgeous, but neither is it ugly, and it's spacious and airy enough to be pleasant.

If you're looking in the Harvard Square area, I'd also suggest Harvest. Really fresh, seasonal food, and again, great service. (They're also willing to do vegetarian dishes, although those aren't on the menu. I asked for a veg dinner once and received any number of amazing items, including morels and truffles, for far less than I would have paid for a plate of salmon.) And Upstairs on the Square ain't bad. If you're open to something more casual and up towards Porter Square, West Side Lounge is a nice pick (great cocktails, good food).

We ended up going to TW Food and I have to say, it was wonderful. Highly recommend it.

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!