• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Couvron in Portland?

My review for the WW Restaurant Guide comes out tomorrow, but here's a short version...

Tiny, bunker-like space, expensive fixed price menu, presentation is tall and speared with a sprig of thyme or rosemary, but the food tastes fantastic.

One of the best things I ate during the gluttony of the rest. guide (too many meals, not enough time) was a stack of seared tuna, fois gras, and polenta.

I don't think Couvron would be my first pick ever, and I wouldn't want to pay the tab on my own, but it might be a worth a splurge if you're looking for that sort of thing. If you just want to drop $150 on dinner, which isn't that easy in Portland, I can think of a half dozen places that I think would be more fun.

Jim

olive oil + salt

Real Good Food