• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tom Illic

I went in early March. Good solid cooking. Lot's of cheaper cuts of meat and cheaper ingredients, which keeps the prices low. With its good execution, it feels like seriously good value.

It's in a slightly strange bit of town - at the less-nice end of Queenstown Road - but it's cheap enough to be enticing, even if it's a pain to get to.

The decor is a bit nasty, but I suppose that also helps with the lower prices.

I went in early March. Good solid cooking. Lot's of cheaper cuts of meat and cheaper ingredients, which keeps the prices low. With its good execution, it feels like seriously good value.

It's in a slightly strange bit of town - at the less-nice end of Queenstown Road - but it's cheap enough to be enticing, even if it's a pain to get to.

The decor is a bit nasty, but I suppose that also helps with the lower prices.

Tom is always good and he has started including vegetables now! Ive been a few times

Decor is the old restaurant's and a bit cheesy, but he's concentrating on the food first which must be the correct order of doing things eh?

It's not really out of the way unless you're north london centric and view the river as some kind of insurmountable cultural border!

But of course, do bring a gun

S

if the site is good enough for Nico Ladenis, it's good enough for the likes of you! :biggrin:

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?