• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Scuttlebutt's Pub-Nutley

Susan

I called Scuttlebutt's tonight to see if they were open and the recording said the number was temporarily disconnected. Does anyone know if it is closed or just having telephone problems?

Susan

I called Scuttlebutt's tonight to see if they were open and the recording said the number was temporarily disconnected.  Does anyone know if it is closed or just having telephone problems?

They are gone, Susan. Closed several weeks ago. New owners moved out and around the corner. Michael Pellnitz is the chef at Ritacco’s Midtown Bar & Grill, 223 Franklin Ave, Nutley (973-320-5468)

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

I called Scuttlebutt's tonight to see if they were open and the recording said the number was temporarily disconnected.  Does anyone know if it is closed or just having telephone problems?

They are gone, Susan. Closed several weeks ago. New owners moved out and around the corner. Michael Pellnitz is the chef at Ritacco’s Midtown Bar & Grill, 223 Franklin Ave, Nutley (973-320-5468)

Thanks for the info. Do you know what ever happened to the old owners? I heard that he was a very good chef.

Susan