• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rincon Criollo, Cuban in Corona

devinl

The wife and I were in the mood to have some Cuban food Friday night. We've been to Cabana's before, but wanted something more traditional. I noticed a recommendation on Chowhound/Yelp for Rincon Criollo in Corona, right near the 7 train Junction Blvd stop.

It's a decent sized place that can seat maybe 50 or so people. The waiter was very nice and kept making sure we were ok throughout the meal.

We ordered Yuca Frita, Tamale Cubano, Madeiros, Vaca Frita, and Ropa Vieja. The Yuca was excellent. Crisp and fluffy. The tamale was ok, a little bland for my taste.

Ropa Vieja was pretty good, but the Vaca Frita was also excellent. Nothing was too garlicky or saucy. You do feel like you drank a cup of oil afterwards, but it was worth it.

It was a nice alternative to Cabana and we'll definitely be going back again.