• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

HGTV -- Kitchens and Baths 2007

ELA

I've seen this show before, and others like it -- and I've always enjoyed it. Anyway, I am watching right now -- really neat stuff! So, while I am sure this is an "industry only" function and you have to be "in the biz" to get in, are there any of these that are open to the public?

Something like the "Auto Show" or an equivalent? The "Auto Show" is open to the public and gets a monster turnout -- is there anything like that for Kitchens/Baths, Home Renovations, etc.???

Thank you.

Eric

yawner

There are home shows (at least in Seattle) but they aren't as cool as trade shows. More along the manufactured home, vinyl window and siding, basic appliance sales and typical products.

big one

The big, flashy shows take some doing (credentials) to get into. But not as difficult as you might think. The big ones tend to be in places like Las Vegas, Chicago, and NY.

Edited by tsquare (log)

yawner

There are home shows (at least in Seattle) but they aren't as cool as trade shows. More along the manufactured home, vinyl window and siding, basic appliance sales and typical products.

big one

The big, flashy shows take some doing (credentials) to get into. But not as difficult as you might think. The big ones tend to be in places like Las Vegas, Chicago, and NY.

Thanks. I don't know about others, but I find these shows fascinating. Even not being in the market for re-doing my kitchen, seeing what's new and exciting can be a catlyst for wanting to re-do it.

Eric