• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

meyersville inn

bearstew

My wife and I stopped by the Meyersville Inn, in the great swamp, for a drink this past weekend. They had a great wine list, and wines by the glass, we had already eaten but the menu looked really interesting. has anybody been there recently for dinner?

My wife and I stopped by the Meyersville Inn, in the great swamp, for a drink this past weekend. They had a great wine list, and wines by the glass, we had already eaten but the menu looked really interesting. has anybody been there recently for dinner?

We were there last Sunday night and had an excellent dinner. We had the onion tart, the crabcake, the gravlax; the duck, the jaeger schnitzal and the veal ragout. Dessert was apple strudel, which seemed house made. Wine selection by the glass was great, with some unusual German & Austrian offerings. Best of luck to them - seems like they have a talented chef who really knows how to use seasonal produce.

Great Thread!

I'm anxiously awaiting some more opinions on the Meyersville Inn. Unfortunately, it has an uphill battle. The previous owners (Ginty's) went SOOO far out of their way to give this building a bad reputation it'll take a lot of buzz to get the word out about the new ownership, management, chef, menu, etc.

I plan on having dinner there next week and look forward to what I hope will be a fabulous meal.

Great Thread!

I'm anxiously awaiting some more opinions on the Meyersville Inn.  Unfortunately, it has an uphill battle.  The previous owners (Ginty's) went SOOO far out of their way to give this building a bad reputation it'll take a lot of buzz to get the word out about the new ownership, management, chef, menu, etc.

I plan on having dinner there next week and look forward to what I hope will be a fabulous meal.

I had dinner there this week. Quite a change from Ginty's. White table cloths with paper instead of the bare tables and placemats. Extensive wine selection by the glass bottle and half bottle. I had the Gruner Veltliner to start.

I decided on the prix fixe 3 course dinner. Started with a mix green salad properly seasoned and not overdressed. Main was a coq au vin lots of flavor.

Cabernet Franc from Anjou with that. If you're a fan of top chef you may be offended that it's made with chicken instead of rooster. I wasn't

Desert was schafenburger sp? pot du creme. Pure chocolate goodness.

Service was professional and attentive without being stuffy. My waiter spent more time talking to a table near mine but it sounded like they were regulars.

Finally this place has got it right.