• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rosemead in Victoria

shaggywine

shaggywine:

My input may not assist you very much as it has been over a year since our visit to the Rosemeade. [www.englishinnresort.com]

I am not sure about a change in ownership but at the time Mark Wachtin was the dining room manager who gave us a tour of the kitchen and I did read in EAT magazine that he has since left for another location.

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. It has been too long to remember much in the way of specifics of what we ate or drank but we did have a good time.

The sun had set by the time we were eating so we took the water ferry back up to the West Bay stop the following afternoon and walked back to the grounds and the staff were more than happy to let us look around the restaurant.

You are right, although a lot of people in the industry knew about the Rosemeade you do not read many reviews compared with say Brasserie L'Ecole or Brio to name but two of our traditional "haunts".

I've never been to the Rosemead in Victoria, can anyone tell me about it? I've heard that there have been some changes made in ownership recently. Is it still a good restaurant? Is it worth it to go? I can't find any reviews.

Thanks,

Shaggy

I'm too techno-spastic (and in my defense, too new) to have learned how to link you to a thread but I believe

Vancouver Island Restaurants, The Topic

has some good input on the Rosemead from Shelora and others. You could also try Googling the eGullet site from within it, which is how I find things. Rosemead is definitely on my list for next Victoria visit based on various eGullet recommendations.

I'm too techno-spastic (and in my defense, too new) to have learned how to link you to a thread

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Try these links:

Vancouver Island Restaurants

Rosemead Dining Room

Anniversary Trip to Victoria

Been to Rosemead twice. Solid food, nice room (cool fireplace in the waiting area). I prefer Paprika & Brasserie, but wouldn't balk at all at Rosemead.

A.