• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Four and Twenty Blackbirds Closing!

sdelgato

Saturday night July 28th will be their last service. No news as to what the space will be. What a shame!!

I for one will miss it!

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

—George W. Bush in Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

Wow, that is awful. My husband proposed to me there. My kids trick or treat through the dining room there.

*sniff*

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

I'm definitely in the minority here. We tried it twice and both times, we left wondering, "what are we missing?" It wasn't bad. It was better than average. Nothing wrong, in particular, just not worthy of the raves it garnered. A nice meal. That's all. Not worth driving 75 miles. We found the atmosphere to be cloying and cutesy and too, too much.

My sources in Flint Hill tell me that while the restaurant is closing, it will be reopening as something else with the same owners.

Also, I hear that the people that own the building that houses the Public House want to sell the premises which could dislocate the restaurant business.

I actually live in Flint Hill, and that is true. But Four and Twenty will serve their last meal on July 28th.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

—George W. Bush in Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

• 1 month later...
My sources in Flint Hill tell me that while the restaurant is closing, it will be reopening as something else with the same owners.

I'm chiming in late on this post, but wanted to add that I called the restaurant the week they closed and spoke with Vinnie. He said they were, in fact, keeping the building and would be doing something else -- what exactly, I'm not sure.

I also said if Heidi ever wrote a cookbook, people would be standing in line to buy it. He said he's tried to talk her into this for years, but she has absolutely no interest :sad:

I found her cuisine inspirational to my own cooking. A book would have been great. I hate to see those wonderful creations just fade away.

I'm chiming in late on this post, but wanted to add that I called the restaurant the week they closed and spoke with Vinnie. He said they were, in fact, keeping the building and would be doing something else -- what exactly, I'm not sure.

I also said if Heidi ever wrote a cookbook, people would be standing in line to buy it. He said he's tried to talk her into this for years, but she has absolutely no interest :sad:

I found her cuisine inspirational to my own cooking. A book would have been great. I hate to see those wonderful creations just fade away.