• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stew Leonard's

ninetofive

I was down in CT yesterday getting some dental work, and I asked the technician, "So, what's new around here?" She told me there was a new Stew Leonard's down on Berlin Turnpike and I just about jumped out of my chair in excitement.

I spent about an hour in the store (spending $85, although I didn't really *need* anything). Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. I'm outside Boston, and while I do have family in the Hartford area, I could see myself making a special trip to the store if I needed fixings for a party. I bought one of those insulated bags at the store to keep my cold stuff cold and even with a couple stops back to Boston, everything stayed nicely chilled.

My husband used to argue with me that we couldn't leave Boston because we have a Whole Foods, a Trader Joe's, and Target, all stores that weren't in the Hartford area, but now are. I need to revisit that battle. :raz:

Edited by ninetofive (log)

Diana Burrell, freelance writer/author

The Renegade Writer's Query Letters That Rock (Marion Street Press, Nov. 2006)

DianaCooks.com

My eGullet blog

The Renegade Writer Blog