• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Restaurant Game

An interesting link I found. It's a mini-projoect by some MIT folks who are trying to model AI in the restaurant world. In order to do this they're having people play out the roles of server and diner. It's kind of fun, definitely a waste of time. Check it out, for both Macs and PCs.

An interesting link I found.  It's a mini-projoect by some MIT folks who are trying to model AI in the restaurant world.  In order to do this they're having people play out the roles of server and diner.  It's kind of fun, definitely a waste of time.  Check it out, for both Macs and PCs.

Very strange game. Almost no one wants to play in the traditional roles, though.

I had a customer steal my check so he could make the money off the table, and then he waited on me. . . And most of the customers want to sit on me and bite me.

If they're gathering psychological data in this game, it's sure to be skewed toward the bizarre.

I tried it.

The interface was so jerky on my connection (satellite) that I got fed up and x'd out.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”