• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Genova

According to the 12 or so sites that Google returns, it exists at:

32 North Audley St

London

W1Y 1WG

Tel: 020 7629 5916

But whether or not anyone's actually been there is another story as there are no reviews anywhere. I lie... just found this snippet from an unidentified student who came from Arizona and studied "Marketing and Sales Management" somewhere in London between October and December 2001: "La Genova, near Grosvenor Square, has the best Italian food in the city!!" Whether or not you want to count that as a credible reference is another story. :rolleyes:

It may well be fine but the fact that no-one here seems to have heard of it and that none of the reputable guides include it doesn't really bode all that well.

It could be a traditional Trattoria type of place of which there are still quite a few in Central London. I think most are pretty bog standard now.

Beachfan, I,m sure you can do better even at moderate prices. There are bound to be some reccs. on this board somewhere if you use the search thingy.

A quick flick to the This is London site where Fay Maschler lists a top 5 of current Italian restaurants.

One of these is very near your hotel-Teca, 54 Brooks Mews W1 020 7 495 4774.

I've not been there but with all due respect I'd back Maschler's judgement over your concierge.

Price is about £60 pp.