Scheduled Downtime

NOTICE: The eG Forums will be offline for several hours on Friday, November 28 for system maintenance.

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Changes in wine coverage at the Times

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SethG

SethG
  • participating member
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:00 AM

Are you planning any changes in the way the Times covers wine? Any major features coming up that you can preview for us?

And how, by the way, would a person go about getting himself invited to one of your tasting panels? :biggrin:

Edited by SethG, 14 February 2005 - 08:01 AM.

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"

#2 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

Modesty requires me not to make pronouncements about vision. I do hope that I can write a column that appeals to the entire spectrum of NYT readers, from people who just would like some suggestions about what to drink with dinner to connoisseurs, and I hope that the passion and enthusiasm I feel comes through.

As for the wine panel, the main requirement for guests is that they can teach us something about what we're tasting, and that they are good company.