• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mediterranean Cuisine

Mediterranean food composed of Greece, Tunisia, Sicily, malta, crete, Balearic Island, sardinia, corsica............ I guese some more, please help to insert.

As mediterranean food is still new to me, I very keen and eager to learn more on this type of food. I understand it is rich in colour and healthy. The common ingredients are olive oil, nuts, cheese, tuna, seafood, egg plant, pepper and others and the list goes on ........

I still do not know the particulars fish that the sea here is rich for, the unique products the famous chefs in this area, the culture and its people .

my 2 cents

主泡一杯邀西方. 馥郁幽香而湧.三焦回转沁心房

"Inhale the aroma before tasting and drinking, savour the goodness from the heart "

Buy a copy of "the Silver Spoon" Italian cookery book packed full of great recipes. I always associate med cuisine with lots of tomatoes, olives, courgettes, aubergines, peppers etc. Fish wise seabass, turbot, Sardines, mullet all feature strongly as does veal, rabbit and pork as well as offal.

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man