• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Upscale cake source needed in northern NJ

JohnnyH

My wife is hosting a wedding shower in Montclair next weekend, and it appears as though she's got a problem with dessert. More accurately, we can't find the contact information from "Martha's Marvelous Munchies" in Bloomfield. It's been a few years, and it's possible she's gone out of business, but if anyone knows different I'd love to hear about it.

Barring that, suggestions for source of high-end cakes in the Montclair area would be appreciated.

Thanks...

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

There is an amazing dessert caterer named Lisa McManamey who is in Montclair. Sweet Endings. She has done many parties for me and makes incredible cakes. She can do anything.. My favorite is her choc/ raspberry filling dome cake. YUM!

973-783-2978

Hope this helps!

Edited by Tracey868 (log)

There is an amazing dessert caterer named Lisa McManamey who is in Montclair.  Sweet Endings. She has done many parties for me and makes incredible cakes. She can do anything.. My favorite is her choc/ raspberry filling dome cake. YUM!

973-783-2978

Hope this helps!

I'll pass it along -- thanks for the referral.

-- Albert Ellis

I'll put in my two cents for Ganache in Hoboken.

My wife and I got individual cakes (the namesake chocolate ganache and a white chocolate/rasberry) there for our wedding that our florist arranged in a beautiful tiered display, but they'll work with you to do whatever you want.

Short notice, though, so whatever she decides, she'd best hurry!

Christopher

I'll put in my two cents for Ganache in Hoboken. 

My wife and I got individual cakes (the namesake chocolate ganache and a white chocolate/rasberry) there for our wedding that our florist arranged in a beautiful tiered display, but they'll work with you to do whatever you want. 

Short notice, though, so whatever she decides, she'd best hurry!

Christopher

Agreed. Unfortunately, this is additional proof that when you really need something done, you're usually best off doing it yourself rather than farming out tasks to people who so generously offer their "help." Ah, well. Family...

-- Albert Ellis

Best cakes in NJ are hands down Balthazar Bakery in Englewood. You can call ahead and they will make a cake to order for you. Actually the best outside of France, IMHO.

Balthazar Bakery

214 S Dean St

Englewood

201-503-9717