• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

la paulee new york, 2007

chefboy24

your thoughts?

i thought the mugneret were very very lovely, sweet fruited.

the dujac's were super closed right now, but thats okay, they will be lovely, the clos de la roche was lovely

lafon- volnay santenots was the wine of the day for me

l'arlot's were very sexy....

best food: bouchon salmon rillette....and the shortribs from tribeca grill i believe?

cru's food was pretentious. :laugh:

Sounds interesting. Can you give more info about the tasting in general?

(I've been to various tastings of Burgundies over the years, "en paulée" -- it's a standard format -- though not that particular one.)

-- Max

your thoughts?

i thought the mugneret were very very lovely, sweet fruited.

the dujac's were super closed right now, but thats okay, they will be lovely, the clos de la roche was lovely

lafon- volnay santenots was the wine of the day for me

l'arlot's were very sexy....

best food: bouchon salmon rillette....and the shortribs from tribeca grill i believe?

cru's food was pretentious.  :laugh:

Agree about the l'Arlots. Also had a bottle of the Clos des Forets St. Georges 1999 a couple weeks that I loved. I liked the Boillot reds quite a bit, and was pretty underwhelmed by the Clos de Tarts, except for the 1999 (but I believe that was a minority view).

Missed the salmon rillette, but the 11 Madison park peekytoe crab with sea urchin foam was awesome, as were the short ribs.

Dinner was off the charts.