• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Old man Paul's recipes

coastie

My chef friend passed away and gave me all his recipes. Its been a few months and I'm looking them over and deciding what to do with them.

I think they need to be compiled togther and printed along with stories from his life

Im throwing this out there on the odd chance that someone else that worked with Paul will share some stories. He's left me two notebooks of bread recipes - old school!! Paul Rumsfelt was working in Chicago at the intercontinental in the early 90's, also the Palmer house Hilton. He's from CA. and spent time as a stunt man. He spoke 4 lang. inc Polish and Japenese. Spent a lot of time doing Banquets but was the best bread man ever - real artisan production standards.

Pauli finished his career in Alaska.

These recipes are all scaled for a production kitchen...... do you think a bread book written for chefs would fly.... or do you think it would all need to be rewritten for the home cook.

Anyway - he was sweet and a teacher and a real old school chef. He was the rare bird that is still in the kitchen at that age and not because he was inept. If anyone has anything to share - I know its a long shot. ( but the stories he had)