• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi in Kansas City

moosnsqrl

A couple of us have gone way south by Blue Ridge Blvd at "Sushi Haru" which I've had the best sushi out of anywhere I've been to in Kansas City. All three visits have been at lunch time as well.

Try the Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna (Block of warm fried Crispy Sushi Rice with a pile of cold spicy tuna on top - this is probably one of the coolest things I've ever eaten as far as having a combination of textures, temperatures, and flavors)

The crisped rice is sushi rice? So, it was seasoned and vinegared? Now, that sounds interesting!

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

I drove all the way down to Sushi Haru only to find that it closes between 3 and 5. That sucked. Especially after finding out that The Noodle House closed for lunch at 1:30. Is this closing between meals a KC thing?

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!