• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to order a birthday cake in Boston?

My sister is getting married on my dad's birthday. I asked her months ago and she assured me she would have a cake at the wedding. Now she's planning on sticking a candle in a piece of wedding cake, and that's not going to fly. The wedding is at the Park Plaza, and my parents are hosting a lunch for their friends & family across the street at Maggiano's on the day of the wedding. I'd like to get a cake to serve at the lunch. Any recommendations for where to order it from? Maybe one of the North End spots? TIA for any advice.

I'm not a huge North End fan (more of a french than italian cake lover), but in any case, here are a few suggestions:

Flour Bakery

The Icing on the Cake

Rosie's

Best of luck!!

-Mark-

have you checked out my blog? MarkCooks.com click on the Mark's Blog page

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

Thanks for the recommendations! Due to the wedding, we want the simplest option possible and it looks like Rosie's fits that bill - they'll deliver to the restaurant so we don't have to worry about it at all. And their cakes look great!