• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

bigbear

Homemade Liqueurs

180 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Past it - I filtered it today. Haven't tasted it yet though.

Ok - tasted it - not too bad!

Nice! I wonder if it was the rum choice or the ultrasonic buzz or a combo of both that made the difference. "Not too bad" is not what I would have used to describe the initial taste of mine.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 minute ago, Tri2Cook said:

Nice! I wonder if it was the rum choice or the ultrasonic buzz or a combo of both that made the difference. "Not too bad" is not what I would have used to describe the initial taste of mine.

It's already quite pleasant and I suspect it will develop even more. Of course there isn't a whole lot of it.

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

It's already quite pleasant and I suspect it will develop even more. Of course there isn't a whole lot of it.

Yeah, I didn't make a ton either. I think I have just under 500 ml. It was just a test run to see if I liked the result. I'm gonna try it in a drink soon and see how it holds up.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

So 2 loaves of banana bread made today with the rum besotted bananas from the freezer (along with 4 regular bananas). Yum, yum, yum, yum!

Child ate two pieces for dessert - fell asleep on my lap.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

So 2 loaves of banana bread made today with the rum besotted bananas from the freezer (along with 4 regular bananas). Yum, yum, yum, yum!

Child ate two pieces for dessert - fell asleep on my lap.

Rum besotted sounds good to me.

1 person likes this