• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 4:53 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Was feeding the child a particularly tasty banana tonight after reading this - so I raided the shelf (actually a box on the living room floor), found some panela rum, cut up a banana from the same batch into it. I think I'll drag out the ultrasonic cleaner and give it a little buzz later.

I stumbled across a post on the Cocktail Chronicles blog while looking at a drink recipe where somebody said they had very good results with their homemade banana liqueur using dried bananas. I may give that a shot at another time either alone or in combination with fresh bananas. Thought I'd mention it in case it sounds interesting and you aren't already past that point with yours.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 4:53 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Was feeding the child a particularly tasty banana tonight after reading this - so I raided the shelf (actually a box on the living room floor), found some panela rum, cut up a banana from the same batch into it. I think I'll drag out the ultrasonic cleaner and give it a little buzz later.

I stumbled across a post on the Cocktail Chronicles blog while looking at a drink recipe where somebody said they had very good results with their homemade banana liqueur using dried bananas. I may give that a shot at another time either alone or in combination with fresh bananas. Thought I'd mention it to you in case it sounds interesting and you aren't already past that point with yours.