• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

8 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

I can picture something delicious with Smith & Cross, if you have it! :)

8 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Given the limitations I know you face with the LCBO where you live - I'd probably go with the Wray and Nephew. Probably the best overproof you will find.

Thanks! I have the Wray & Nephew and the Smith & Cross. I also have a bottle of Lemon Hart 151. The reason I only asked about the W&N is because it is semi-easy for me to replace when it runs out. The S&C is easier to get than when I initially got it now that the LCBO is doing the online ordering thing so that's an option for this project I hadn't considered. The Lemon Hart involved some risky business and trusting someone I didn't know at all from the Tiki Central forums to acquire (at that time they couldn't get S&C in their province so we did a swap) and may very well be irreplaceable unless the LCBO picks it up someday. So I'm not willing to use it for something like this. I'm not often willing to use it at all.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

8 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

I can picture something delicious with Smith & Cross, if you have it! :)

8 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Given the limitations I know you face with the LCBO where you live - I'd probably go with the Wray and Nephew. Probably the best overproof you will find.

Thanks! I have the Wray & Nephew and the Smith & Cross. I also have a bottle of Lemon Hart 151. The reason I only asked about the W&N is because it is semi-easy for me to replace when it runs out. The S&C is easier to get than when I initially got it now that the LCBO is doing the online ordering thing. The Lemon Hart involved some risky business and trusting someone I didn't know at all from the Tiki Central forums to acquire (at that time they couldn't get S&C in their province so we did a swap) and may very well be irreplaceable unless the LCBO picks it up someday. So I'm not willing to use it for something like this. I'm not often willing to use it at all.