• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Gray Kunz Sauce Spoon

Fat Guy

I have and like the Kunz spoons, they're nice for detailed plating though they would probably be overkill for most  earth people.  Richmond at Chef Knife To Go offers a knock off of the spoons for considerably less.    I have to turn the spoons over to see which one I'm holding.

My history with Rolse has been:  Who would pay $30 for a (fill in blank)?  That's absurd!  Then in a feeling flush moment I'll order it.  WIthout exception I've enjoyed the products - tongs, plating tongs, peelers (yes I bought a $30 peeler and liked it so well I bought another...).  I've stopped looking at their stuff cause $30 at a time starts to hurt.  No way I'm looking at their Vegetable Spoon.

What I would like to find and so far have been unsuccessful in doing so is a perforated teaspoon.  Not a measuring spoon but the kind of spoon you would stir your tea with.   It always seems to me there ought to be one for digging out citrus pits etc. from small bowls.  Anyone else think there ought to be this size of perforated spoon? 

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, daveb said:

I  No way I'm looking at their Vegetable Spoon.

Oh come on....go ahead and look.  It's gorgeous and it's quite a bit less than $30.

51BA4l2tiHL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 1