• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buying Liquor in Las Vegas

I am looking for suggestions on liquor stores that carry a decent selection of Single Malt Scotch in Las Vegas. My online searching has not yielded much. I did see an article that talked about how Las Vegas did not have many liquor stores because you can buy liquor at any grocery store in Nevada. Do retailers like Costco or Trader Joe's have a variety of Single Malt Scotches available for sale in Las Vegas?

Thanks

rkolluri

I don't have a Costco membership, so I can't say what they carry. Joe's does have a few scotches, but nothing approaching a large selection. The best liquor store I've found, with the largest selection, is Lee's Discount Liquors. There are several outlets, but the largest is on East Flamingo.

If you aren't opposed to buying online, you should check out Sam's Wine and Spirits in Chicago - truly an alcoholic Disneyland. 248 scotches and whiskeys: http://www.samswine.com/spirits-whisky-c-3_480.html

...The best liquor store I've found, with the largest selection, is Lee's Discount Liquors. There are several outlets, but the largest is on East Flamingo.

If you aren't opposed to buying online, you should check out Sam's Wine and Spirits in Chicago - truly an alcoholic Disneyland. 248 scotches and whiskeys: http://www.samswine.com/spirits-whisky-c-3_480.html

Thanks for the info about Lee's. I did read about that one online but was not sure which location would be the best choice so I appreciate your suggestion.

Unfortunately, while I am not opposed to buying scotch whisky online, most online retailers will not ship to my state. :sad:

rkolluri