• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef's tables in Seattle area?

Crow has a chef's counter that's set up like a bar that faces into the kitchen. Rather than servers bringing out your food, the people working the line will pass your hot plate directly to you. It's pretty fun to be able to watch everything like this, and much more common in the Seattle area than an actual table in the kitchen, where space is at at premium.

The only place that I can think of that has an actual dining area in the kitchen is Bucca de Beppo (ew!).

• 2 weeks later...
The counter has always been the cool place to sit at Matt's in the Market, and I assume it will still be so when Matt's reopens after expanding.

especially the pass area

I think they will actually have some kitchen area hidden from view this round. Maybe even dishwashing. BTW, they are predicting re-opening April 13.

Edited by tsquare (log)