• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jacques Genin

VivreManger

Actually I should be in Paris in less than a month and hope to drop by Genin's to score some caramels. I assume that shipment from the States to Canada should not present a problem, though who knows what Canada Customs and Excise will do. You might suggest on a PM how to handle that issue.

• 3 weeks later...

my fren bought for me half a kilo... the mango, plain and pistachio... i thought they were not bad.. but not AS amazing as the hype would be... and yea the texture is quite smooth.. too bad i only had 1 or 2 plain ones.. i didnt quite like the pistachio ones... the mango ones were quite ok i would say...

my fren bought for me half a kilo... the mango, plain and pistachio... i thought they were not bad.. but not AS amazing as the hype would be... and yea the texture is quite smooth.. too bad i only had 1 or 2 plain ones.. i didnt quite like the pistachio ones... the mango ones were quite ok i would say...

Are you sure these came from Genin? I know he only sells by the Kilo, no halves

unless your friend---- :wub: java script:emoticon(':wub:')

• 4 months later...
Kerry, just wondering if you had success with your mango-passionfruit caramels?

They turned out very nicely. The second recipe was most like the Genin caramels, but the first - which was more caramelly was really nice too.

PM me your regular e-mail and I'll send the recipes via mastercook. I'll try to get them up in recipeG over the next few days.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just read this thread and saw that started in 2007 and was never 'finished' with a final recipe. If the OP' did develop a final recipe, would they mind sharing?

m(_ _)m

I'm very interested in trying these out.

cheers,