• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ifood.tv

Knicke

My sense is that this site is just getting started, as there is not a ton of content there already. But I think this is a really fun idea, and potentially really useful, especially for educational purposes. As far as I can tell, uploading videos is free (although there is a 100MB limit for each video).

ifood

Nikki Hershberger

An oyster met an oyster

And they were oysters two.

Two oysters met two oysters

And they were oysters too.

Four oysters met a pint of milk

And they were oyster stew.

• 5 months later...

Here's another site in the same sort of vein:

imcooked

Some choice videos:

Actor Christopher Walken makes roast chicken and pears

And an eGullet connection already! Cooking beans in the Rancho Gordo manner

Nikki Hershberger

An oyster met an oyster

And they were oysters two.

Two oysters met two oysters

And they were oysters too.

Four oysters met a pint of milk

And they were oyster stew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Here's another site in the same sort of vein:

imcooked

Some choice videos:

Actor Christopher Walken makes roast chicken and pears

And an eGullet connection already! Cooking beans in the Rancho Gordo manner

I get a newsletter from Get Trio and it mentioned this site today:

"You for whom the Food Network's pristine production values seem a little too pat (yeah, we'd all like to turn up the heat on our Viking range), there's a new cooking channel in town.

Started in May by one Joseph Leibovic, who got frustrated at the near-impossibility of finding recipe demos online, Imcooked.com is like the YouTube of food: a website where everyday Giadas and Marios can share their cooking and recipe videos, messy kitchens and all.

Three playing now on Imcooked:

F***ing Delicious!

Real cooking is dirty -- in the four-letter way, that is. In what feels like MTV for foodies, two friends who run a dinner club booze it up in their Queens kitchen, shucking mussels to Led Zeppelin and comparing raw chicken to napalm. WATCH

Man Makes Chicken With Pears

We keep coming back to this random clip of Christopher Walken puttering around his kitchen, readying a roaster on an Eiffel Tower-type contraption. And we could listen to him say "pear caps" all day. WATCH

Geek Eats! Bulgogi

A guy who comes off like Alton Brown's scrawnier cousin takes you through a how-to for his take on bulgogi, the Korean ribeye dish. WATCH"