• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LesserEvil Popcorn?

JLam

I just ran across this blog posting about a company called LesserEvil popcorn. The blog author ripped into the company pretty good, and I wonder if it's justified. What are your thoughts?

Here's the blog entry (btw, the rest of the website is pretty funny and well written).

http://www.stupiditytracker.com/2007/02/16...l-foods-stupid/

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

Meh. Stupidity Tracker-dude is reaching pretty hard as he tries to summon up outrage. Yeah, the "naturalness" of the product is marginal-- but it's hardly the worst offender out there. Let's be honest; getting worked up over marketing is a mug's game.

And I agree with Kim that the idea is a clever one: not healthy, just less unhealthy. I also like their logo and design: the little angel/devil faces are cute. If the price was right, I'd give it a try.