• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Memorial service / Wedding anniv trip to NYC

Kim Shook

I've only sat at the bar of Pegu, never sat at the table. The bar staff are professional and seem knowledgeable about the drinks they're creating. If it's not jam-packed, giving you some time to settle in and get acquainted with your bartender, I'm sure he can recommend something for you given your parameters.

Well, we are back and it was a wonderful and whirlwind trip. Everything was just exactly as it should have been from the touching and fantastic memorial service for my friend (short of an appearance by the Rockettes, it was everything he would have wished for) to every bite of food we put in our mouths.

I have a huge party tomorrow night (actually tonight - it's 3:45am), house guests, laundry to do from the trip and have to be at the store to open in 3 3/4 hours, so my report will have to wait a bit. Should I post it and pics here or start a new thread?

Thank you all so much for all your advice! You helped make this a once in a lifetime trip for Mr. Kim and me!

Kim