• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tahoe

artisanbaker

• 4 months later...

We were in South Tahoe last week and were very pleased with our meals at Evan's and Cafe Fiore. Both were small intimate places with good service and delicious meals.

On the downside, we had a very bad dinner at Orchid's Thai food. Each of the curries tasted as though it came from the same curry packet and the rice came out as one big, mushy glob. Terrible.

artisanbaker, have you gone on your trip yet, if so how was it? We were in Tahoe this past May and enjoyed great meals at Evan's, Cafe Fiore and 19 Kitchen at the top of Harvey's. The breakfast buffet at Harrah's was also very good with stunning views of the lake. :)

we brought some good wine/food and just did the family r&r thing. the family whom I work for own a cabin up there so it's a nice getaway. can't recommend the pastry shop in old truckee and the wine shop on the lake was closed sundays.

most of the good stories that i tell about the trip involve my initiation to snow chain installation.

Edited  by artisanbaker

(log)