• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I heart Chocolate

Lisa1349

I always tell my new hubby not to suffer the markup on flowers today. Instead, I enjoy a chocophile dream day. Last year's haul included The Painted Truffle -Neuhaus - and Venchi

Chocolate from three continents - divine. This year as a nod to a chocolate post on my blog, I got the Vosges Hat Box that includes chocolate covered chili powder dusted tortilla chips. Wow, and yumm. There may not be any left to enjoy in front of the fire tonight!

What's on your chocolate wish list?

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

Ahhh Lucky Girl Lisa :smile:

I told my hubby to better not surprise me with chocolates !! He knows better :laugh: .I wish i had a different passion so I could actuallt have some chocolates as gift ( for this Valentine season I am all fed up on chocolates sorry :wacko: )

Vanessa

I'll admit my secret. I love the milk chocolate foil-wrapped pieces that Purdy's chocolates puts out for every holiday. There is something about the taste of thier milk chocolate...

Even though I make my own truffles and such, and use high quality chocolate, I can't resisit them.

I'll admit my secret. I love the milk chocolate foil-wrapped pieces that Purdy's chocolates puts out for every holiday. There is something about the taste of thier milk chocolate...

Even though I make my own truffles and such, and use high quality chocolate, I can't resisit them.

It's your guilty pleasure chocolate. I can sometimes be found packing a snickers without a permit. It reminds me of junior high school. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Tom of The Painted Truffle on a couple of occasions.  His Key Largo truffle is DIVINE.  White chocolate, coconut, and lime.  *drool*

My favorites from SciaScia are Al Cappuccino and Lemonade Stand. And the caramel one seems to be out of rotation. Truly exceptional product by an exceptional chocolatier. He was dabbling in chocolate bark, I hope he's still making it.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

Well I am not a girl and I did not get chocolate for V-day but I did get samples of chocolates to do on CBS 5 in San Francisco this last week...My favorites are...

Lillie Belle Farms in Oregon

And

Recchiuti Confections in San Francisco

Both of those have dinomite combinations of flavors...anyone else a fan of those?

Robert

Chocolate Forum

Recchiuti did a demo here in Philly last year. Top notch product, I can see why Williams Sonoma jumped on him. For christmas I made his 3 chocolate salted cookies. Everyone's favorite by far! His burnt caramel truffles are my favorite.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

Well I have never tasted Michael's confections first hand but I have made molded chocolates and used his recipes for the fillings and I must say they are wonderful. Now, how can I manage a trip to California to taste them first hand? LOL

Fred Rowe