• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pimientos choriceros

Time and time again I come across recipes which suggest pimientos choriceros especially from The Basque country and Cantabria. Can anyone tell me what is its likely name in English and where I can find them preferably an image, thanks

Thanks Rogelio

But I wonder just red peppers sundried? or there are kind of different peppers somewhat like piquillos or red banana (long and pointy) sundried? I have seen few around I can purchase and sun dry them whilst the weather is hot.

Thanks

It's a specific kind of pepper, with a very particular flavor. If you are trying to reproduce a Spanish dish, you are better off trying to get your hands on some imported ones that are already dried (ñoras will work, too).

Thanks I am trying to make bacalao a la vizcaina

Then again I have to check my sources around here and beyond.

So I went back to the market today and I've found these pimientos.jpg $2 a kilo

Nothing to lose and much to gain by drying them to the sun

Today 36C two ore days of 38C hardly any humidity so it is perfect for drying

I only had hoped I had some Roma tomatoes as well.

Edited by piazzola (log)