• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need help finding Bento Box supplies online

kbjesq

Hi Folks:

I live in a small community without reasonable access to Asian markets. I am looking for a good website carrying a comprehensive inventory of bento boxes and accessories such as rice molds, sauce bottles, food cutters, etc. Not looking for high end accessories, just things to make the student's lunch more interesting.

Any references in this regard would be most appreciated. Thanks.

KBJ

Thanks for the fast responses. I have purchased some Bento items on ebay. The shipping on so many things is very high. I won an auction for a Bento box set, and the shipping ended up being more than the cost of the item!

Oh, and one more e-Bay store for you, here. It's also based in the US, just like the one that Kristin linked to. It looks like it might have a wider selection of products.

And then there's BentoTV, which is a videoblog of how to use those accessories to make a bento (I think the same person runs the eBay store and this video site).

Yep, I have ordered from this vendor and I genuinely enjoy "BentoTV" which is actually entertaining as well as informative. I guess the answer to my original question about bento supplies is that ebay is probably the best source for people, like me, who do not have ready access to an Asian marketplace. I complain about the shipping costs, but in reality it costs me more in gasoline to drive to a decent market than it costs to pay for shipping from Japan!

Thanks for all the responses.

KBJ