• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suvir's Book

Schielke

Thanks, Suvir.

And please please please pretty pictures pretty please.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Suvir, I have tried many of your recipes and find them wonderful. I love the way you combine the flavors and the gentleness of your methods, I think that you are a true inspiration to all of us. I am looking forward to the release of your book and hope that someday I can get it autographed

Best wishes

Suvir, I have tried many of your recipes and find them wonderful. I love the way you combine the flavors and the gentleness of your methods, I think that you are a true inspiration to all of us. I am looking forward to the release of your book and hope that someday I can get it autographed

Best wishes

Coming from one such as yourself, these words are taken by me very seriously.

They make me humbled, embarassed and wanting to crawl under my desk and hide.. in fear that I will not deliver what everyone expects... :sad:

Thanks for your encouraging words... You are very kind.

Best wishes

Coming from one such as yourself, these words are taken by me very seriously.

They make me humbled, embarassed and wanting to crawl under my desk and hide.. in fear that I will not deliver what everyone expects... :sad:

Thanks for your encouraging words... You are very kind.

My friend, you already have delivered! We already love and admire your work and style! Cannot wait for the book, as they say in India "Sone pe suhaga hoga" -- it will only be more wonderful!!!! :biggrin:

My friend, you already have delivered! We already love and admire your work and style! Cannot wait for the book, as they say in India "Sone pe suhaga hoga" -- it will only be more wonderful!!!! :biggrin:

You are very sweet.

That is something my grandma would say....

Sone pe suhaga.....

Maybe you can explain that for our non-hindi speaking members. It is a beautiful phrase.

But again, I am embarassed... very embarassed...

You are very sweet.

Sone pe suhaga.....

Maybe you can explain that for our non-hindi speaking members. It is a beautiful phrase.

I just can't resist to second that. Sorry for making you :blush:

Olive

Suvir - Looking forward to this with great anticipation. In reading your recipes, I have these wonderful, lucious images in my mind's eye, and I can't wait to see them in print.

Woudn't it be fun if you could do a book tour? Then you could meet all sorts of eGullet people in their natural habitats.

Continued best wishes with the book.

You are very sweet.

Sone pe suhaga.....

Well, dont quote me on this, my chemisty is a bit rusty. From what I recall "suhaga" is a chemical that brings out the best in sona or gold. So sone pe suhaga translates to better than the best!

Well, dont quote me on this, my chemisty is a bit rusty. From what I recall "suhaga" is a chemical that brings out the best in sona or gold. So sone pe suhaga translates to better than the best!

You did better than I could have.

Always wonder what suhaga really is.... Maybe someone here ought to know.

Thanks for your kind wishes spicegirldc. :smile:

I will just say that "suhag" has something to do with wedding/marriage -

I think the metaphorical interpretations are of NC17 nature :smile:

anil

I will just say that "suhag" has something to do with wedding/marriage -

I think the metaphorical interpretations are of NC17 nature :smile:

Okay so I called my dad and the saying is about "suhaga" the chemical, I think "suhag" is about marriage.. :smile: