• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. They do tend to hold their colour when very lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to do anything other than lightly cook them⁈⁈⁈ Young specimens can also be eaten raw in salads, but taste somewhat metallic to some people.

My local supermarket usually stocks 3 or 4 colours. My favourite are the 'golden' or 'yellow'. The choice of descriptor depends on which memberof staff is in charge of sign writing that day.

They also sell the yellow ones dried and they can be crumbled and added to salads.

1070154187_GoldenOysters2.thumb.jpg.9980b352fc2d33a39b9ce131cc159c1f.jpg

There is no real difference between them in terms of taste, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. They do tend to hold their colour when very lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to do anything other than lightly cook them⁈⁈⁈ Young specimens can also be eaten raw in salads, but taste somewhat metallic to some people.

My local supermarket usually stocks 3 or 4 colours. My favourite are the 'golden' or 'yellow'. The choice of descriptor depends on which memberof staff is in charge of sign writing that day.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. They do tend to hold their colour when very lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to do anything other than ightly cook them⁈⁈⁈ They can also be eaten raw in salads, but taste somewhat metallic to some people.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. They do tend to hold their colour when lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to do anything other than ightly cook them⁈⁈⁈

My local supermarket usually stocks 3 or 4 colours. My favourite are the 'golden'or 'yellow'. The choice of descriptor depends on which memberof staff is in charge of sign writing that day.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. The do tend to hold their colour when lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to lightly cook them⁈⁈⁈

My local supermarket usually stocks 3 or 4 colours. My favourite are the 'golden'or 'yellow'. The choice of descriptor depends on which memberof staff is in charge of sign writing that day.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Oyster mushrooms come in many colours from white, passing through yellow, pink and even blue before grey and black. The do tend to hold their colour when lightly cooked and who wouldn't want to lightly cook them⁈⁈⁈