• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinnerware

AvsKick21

As I have been currently trying to develop my cooking, I have currently been focusing more on how I plate my food. In many of the threads here on eG, specifically the dinner, I realize that some of this comes down to the type of dishes one has availible. There are some pieces that I have scoured the internet looking for, but to no avail. I recently picked up some plates from CB2 that were okay, but can't seem to find things like long rectangular plates or wide rim bowls anywhere. I guess I'm looking for recomendations for some modern looking product lines or places to look at. I tried searching on here and didn't have much luck.

Thanks.

There were a number of good references in this thread

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=98490

Sorry I don't think I have learned how to HTML these right but maybe you could cut and paste?

“Cheese has always been a food that both sophisticated and simple humans love.”

M.F.K. Fisher, How to Cook a Wolf (1942)

As I have been currently trying to develop my cooking, I have currently been focusing more on how I plate my food.  In many of the threads here on eG, specifically the dinner, I realize that some of this comes down to the type of dishes one has availible.  There are some pieces that I have scoured the internet looking for, but to no avail. I recently picked up some plates from CB2 that were okay, but can't seem to find things like long rectangular plates or wide rim bowls anywhere. I guess I'm looking for recomendations for some modern looking product lines or places to look at.  I tried searching on here and didn't have much luck.

Thanks.

Try crate & barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com) - they have a nice line of white porcelain dishes - rimmed bowls, square & rectangular plates, &c. I use the oversized rimmed bowls very frequently. They're also reasonably priced.