• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Podcasts

Rebel Rose

Look around you on the LA and SF freeways, and you will see fellow motorists with their iPod or iRiver headsets on. Are they listening to music, or are they listening to:

Grape Radio

Cellar Rat

Napa Valley Wine Radio

Wine Library TV

Women and Wine Radio

Do you listen to wine podcasts? Which are your favorites? Why?

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Look around you on the LA and SF freeways, and you will see fellow motorists with their iPod or iRiver headsets on.  Are they listening to music, or are they listening to:

Grape Radio

Cellar Rat

Napa Valley Wine Radio

Wine Library TV

Women and Wine Radio

Do you listen to wine podcasts?  Which are your favorites?  Why?

I like the interviews on Grape Radio. Their Santa Rita Hills round table (5 parts) was fantastic and the Jadot/Alan Meadows show was incredible two hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Wine Library TV, but not in podcast, I watch the vlog.

Gary Vaynerchuk certainly pulls all the pretention out of wine tasting. IMO, it's a riot and very entertaining as well as educational.

Some people have labeled it "2nd grade level" but they quickly get labeled back as snobs LOL. He's all inclusive, he's not about to exclude newbies to the wine world. I like it.

Edited by malarkey (log)

Born Free, Now Expensive

Wine Library TV, but not in podcast, I watch the vlog.

Gary Vaynerchuk certainly pulls all the pretention out of wine tasting. IMO, it's a riot and very entertaining as well as educational.

Some people have labeled it "2nd grade level" but they quickly get labeled back as snobs LOL. He's all inclusive, he's not about to exclude newbies to the wine world. I like it.

I have tried to watch wine library TV several times, as it has some really interesting material but can't help feeling annoyed by Vaynerchuk's frenetic loudness. does that make me a snob?

Here's a new podcaster, BerlinKitchen, who features interviews concerning German wines, vintages, terroir, etc. Mostly in German but also two in English with the wine-journalist Stuart Pigott and Becker-Köhn from R.Weil/Rheingau.

Cheers!

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook