• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fancy Breakfast in LA

natmales

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for white-tablecloth type breakfast place in the LA area. The bets I've had so far is Joe's brunch in Venice (which was great), looking for similar, if a bit fancier for a special occasion.

Any ideas?

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for white-tablecloth type breakfast place in the LA area.  The bets I've had so far is Joe's brunch in Venice (which was great), looking for similar, if a bit fancier for a special occasion.

Any ideas?

Can it be a buffet type thing? The Ritz-Carlton in Pasadena had a nice one. If you need something closer to Venice, maybe the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills?

I dunno. Just some random thoughts.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Not as hip as Joe's in Venice but:

Beverly Hills Hotel for the "Hollywood" power breakfast.

Pacific Dining Car for the downtown power breakfast.

Both fancy, white tablecloths, etc.

What part of town are you focusing on?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

natmales,

Welcome to eGullet California forum!

I second the Pacific Dining Car, the one near downtown LA. There is one in Santa Monica, but I've never been there (JFLinLA, dahlink, you beat me to it ...)

Even though I've never eaten there for breakfast, check out the Hotel Bel Air, with their outdoor terrace and Swan Lake.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

West side is easier for me, the Hotel Bel-Air and Pacific Dining Car both look good. I go up Wilshire all the time, I don't know why I've never noticed the Pacific Dining Car, I'll look for it next time.

Buffet is also good, although it's a little bit far from Santa Monica for breakfast.

thanks for all the help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info everyone. We went to the Pacific Dining car in Santa Monica on Saturday (nice to know there's a fancy 24 hour breakfast place in LA), and it was pretty good. I had the crabcake benedict, and my companion had the crab hash. the crab hash wasn't as good as Joe's, but still tasty, I'd go back for some of the other specials. I think we'll try the hotel bel-air next, or the ritz carlton.

Also, I don't think Rockenwagner's is there anymore, it's been replace by a place called Yose.