• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tamis (Drum Sieve)

KensethFan

Hello Everyone,

I have been searching all over the forums and Google and cannot seem to find a supplier for a drum seive (tamis). All I can seem to find is either the mere mention of it or something that relates to industry.

Does anyone know where I can find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

--- KensethFan

http://bridgekitchenware.com/results.cfm?Criteria=tamis

Google. Just got to know how to work it :cool:

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

I bought mine from The Wok Shop in San Francisco. They carry a variety of sizes, and the prices are very reasonable (though I can't remember how much I paid for mine.) If you're not in the area, they also have a website http://www.wokshop.com/ but I can't seem to find the tamis on their product list. Definitely try calling them.

BTW, KensethFan, does your username refer to Kenseth Thibideau from Sleeping People?

dexygus

Thanks everyone for all your replies. Much appreciated. When I was Googling, I was only putting in "tamis." I found that if you Google for "tamis sieve" you will get some info on places to buy them. I only found out today that a "tamis" and a "drum" sieve were the same thing. Try to do a search on "drum sieve" and you get nowhere though.

dexygus: Nope. My username refers to Matt Kenseth from NASCAR. I'm a big NASCAR fan.

--- KensethFan