• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'll Name the Food, You Name the Movie

Pontormo

#178 Jerk food and Sushi;

In Her Shoes

I really liked this movie , and am amazed that Racheld has not already answered it !! :wub:

I loved this movie too. I think the actors really became thier characters. Good for you!

Here's a recap to remove some deadwood:

Please don't assign numbers to your new movie foods...if a movie is solved before it gets put into a recap, it's not given a number since it's out of play.

Also, we're getting some repeat movies. Try not to use "Pretty Woman", "The Godfather", "Cool Hand Luke", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Fargo", "Moonstruck", "Repo Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Dirty Dancing" as they've all been used twice.

A new clue has been added to #174.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-SarahW for correctly guessing that #179 (Cracker sandwiches) is the Spielberg-Tom Hanks film "The Terminal".

-carolded for solving #178 (Jerk food and sushi) as the film "In Her Shoes".

WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION:

-viva has guessed that #176 (Drinking a whole lot of orange juice almost all the time after a certain incident happened to this character) is the Kevin bacon film "Stir of Echoes".

#154 is not "The Notebook"

#174 is not "1492 - Conquest of Paradise"

STILL UNSOLVED AND TAUNTING US A LITTLE LESS UNMERCIFULLY:

154. REVISED CLUE: A floor picnic of roast chicken, rudely interrupted by monetary concerns and time constraints.

CLUE: Every meal in the movie was disrupted by SOMETHING, but no other by money.

CLUE: The hero speaks to an older woman, and her comeback was quite memorable.

158. "I love their eggrolls" " Eat your eggs" and four perfect T-bone steaks

173. Jack Nicholson film: features a lot of barbequeing (as I recall)

174. Raw corn, bananas, scenery

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery.

176. Drinking a whole lot of orange juice almost all the time after a certain incident happened to this character

177. I hid behind the car. I didn't want to get any ketchup on my dress.

NOTE: If you post a movie, please check back to see if the guesses on your movie are correct or not so we can keep the "Still in Play" list accurate.

Also, consider posting more clues if your movie remains unsolved.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Ooh!

176. Drinking a whole lot of orange juice almost all the time after a certain incident happened to this character

Stir of Echoes with the infamous Kevin Bacon.

correct

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

A recap to give viva kudos for a correct solution:

Please don't assign numbers to your new movie foods...if a movie is solved before it gets put into a recap, it's not given a number since it's out of play.

Also, we're getting some repeat movies. Try not to use "Pretty Woman", "The Godfather", "Cool Hand Luke", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Fargo", "Moonstruck", "Repo Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Dirty Dancing" as they've all been used twice.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-viva for correctly solving #176 (Drinking a whole lot of orange juice almost all the time after a certain incident happened to this character) as the Kevin bacon film "Stir of Echoes".

-there are currently no guesses

STILL UNSOLVED AND TAUNTING US:

154. REVISED CLUE: A floor picnic of roast chicken, rudely interrupted by monetary concerns and time constraints.

CLUE: Every meal in the movie was disrupted by SOMETHING, but no other by money.

NOTE: If you post a movie, please check back to see if the guesses on your movie are correct or not so we can keep the "Still in Play" list accurate.

Tim Oliver

New one - Ramen noodles cooked in a tiny cramped space, slurped by our heroes that have come in for shelter. Various snacks pilfered from the shelves while the pounding rain pours on the metal roof.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

And then another one....

Roast turkey with its breast bone savagely ripped out, lobster abruptly stabbed and then halved, roast suckling pig ravaged...

A recap with some new movies added:

-petite tête de chou has guessed that #174 (Raw corn, bananas, scenery

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery) could be "WarGames".

180. Ramen noodles cooked in a tiny cramped space, slurped by our heroes that have come in for shelter. Various snacks pilfered from the shelves while the pounding rain pours on the metal roof.

181. Roast turkey with its breast bone savagely ripped out, lobster abruptly stabbed and then halved, roast suckling pig ravaged...

Tim Oliver

New one- A whole odd-looking roasted river fish paraded among dinner party guests before being placed on the table

Blinkie the three eyed fish on the Simpsons.

Living hard will take its toll...

New one- A whole odd-looking roasted river fish paraded among dinner party guests before being placed on the table

Blinkie the three eyed fish on the Simpsons.

Nope. Was Blinkie a river fish?

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

another one-

quote (more or less) 'What kind of a man does not eat a hot dog'

Again The Simpsons.

Sorry, no again.

Besides, we're only doing movies here. correct? TV shows do not count.

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Another recap with some new movies added:

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery) could be "WarGames".

#182 & #183 are not "The Simpsons"

180. Ramen noodles cooked in a tiny cramped space, slurped by our heroes that have come in for shelter. Various snacks pilfered from the shelves while the pounding rain pours on the metal roof.

181. Roast turkey with its breast bone savagely ripped out, lobster abruptly stabbed and then halved, roast suckling pig ravaged...

182. A whole odd-looking roasted river fish paraded among dinner party guests before being placed on the table

183. quote (more or less) 'What kind of a man does not eat a hot dog'

Tim Oliver

The game seems to be at a standstill.

If you've posted a movie that remains unsolved, consider adding more clues.

Tim Oliver

The game seems to be at a standstill.

If you've posted a movie that remains unsolved, consider adding more clues.

New movie - sushi, including 'masago' and 'amachi' (posted by Blether)

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

New Clues:

New clue: in a dream sequence, the daughter appears from under the table to join in the ramen feasting. She is fed kimbap by one of our heroes. Shortly after, the heroes face off with the beast under the rain.

New clue: this dinner feast is where our couple meet the in-laws for the first time. An ass joins in the dinner conversation.

182. A whole odd-looking roasted river fish paraded among dinner party guests before being placed on the table

Clue: The fish is probably from the Amazon river

Clue: The movie is based on a TV show of the same name

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Some new movies have been added, as well as some additional clues:

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-viva for guessing that #181 (Roast turkey with its breast bone savagely ripped out, lobster abruptly stabbed and then halved, roast suckling pig ravaged...New clue: this dinner feast is where our couple meet the in-laws for the first time. An ass joins in the dinner conversation) is the film "Shrek 2".

#182 & #183 are not "The Simpsons"

CLUE: In a dream sequence, the daughter appears from under the table to join in the ramen feasting. She is fed kimbap by one of our heroes. Shortly after, the heroes face off with the beast under the rain.

CLUE: The fish is probably from the Amazon river

CLUE: The movie is based on a TV show of the same name

184. sushi, including 'masago' and 'amachi'

Tim Oliver

CLUE: In a dream sequence, the daughter appears from under the table to join in the ramen feasting. She is fed kimbap by one of our heroes. Shortly after, the heroes face off with the beast under the rain.

Korean film The Host? LOVE IT! :biggrin:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks