• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'll Name the Food, You Name the Movie

Pontormo

Blueberry pie is easy -- Stand by Me, the "Revenge of Lardass Hogan" sequence.

How 'bout: an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Not sure, is it Five Easy Pieces after the tomato omelette bit?

Actually the chicken salad was not served but, held "between your knees!"

A new oldie:

Unforgetable turkey legs (or some large roasted bone, it doesn't matter), lasciviously consumed, open mouth and lots of tongue with "Momma"!

Tim

How about this movie:  Bad Dates

Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Kee-rect!

Another easy one:

A red velvet Groom's cake in the shape of an armadillo

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Currently in play:

1. Peanut butter and ground beef.

2. ".......and a microwave that browns!.......melted cheese, ummmmm I don't

think I EVER tasted melted cheese before."

3. Jarlsburg grilled cheese sammich

4. egg yolk, a turkey drumstick, and birthday cake

5. "And two fried eggs, two poached eggs, two scrambled eggs, and two medium-boiled eggs."

"And two hard-boiled eggs."

6. Scorched guinea fowl for dinner ("don't ask"), and brownies for dessert. There's an extra brownie for a winner who's a loser.

7. Unforgetable turkey legs (or some large roasted bone, it doesn't matter), lasciviously consumed, open mouth and lots of tongue with "Momma"!

Tim Oliver

What movie?

blue leek soup

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

What movie?

blue leek soup

Bridget Jones' Diary ?

Yup!

Attacking lobster...

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

"Devil Wears Prada"?

I am on the Question board with "peanut butter and ground meat".

Clues: Now, I already mentioned it might be cheating since was only in the movie due to the movie's subject matter...but if you do not hurry, you will not be able to eat this at the location in the film. You will have to use the "recipe" someone posted long ago in eGullet (!!)

“Cheese has always been a food that both sophisticated and simple humans love.”

M.F.K. Fisher, How to Cook a Wolf (1942)

"Devil Wears Prada"?

Clues: Now, I already mentioned it might be cheating since was only in the movie due to the movie's subject matter...but if you do not hurry, you will not be able to eat this at the location in the film. You will have to use the "recipe" someone posted long ago in eGullet (!!)

The Simpsons?

"Devil Wears Prada"?

That would be Marlene's burger with PB I'm assuming, but I'm not connecting it to a movie.

What movie?

blue leek soup

Bridget Jones' Diary ?

Yup!

Attacking lobster...

Th naked gun 2/12?

Well, I have seen "Naked Gun 2 1/2" so I'd have to give it you as well. I probabl should have put "attacking" in quotes. I was thinking of Julia Rober's run-in with a lobster at a "fancy" restaurant in Pretty Woman.

Currently in play:

5. "And two fried eggs, two poached eggs, two scrambled eggs, and two medium-boiled eggs."

6. Scorched guinea fowl for dinner ("don't ask"), and brownies for dessert. There's an extra brownie for a winner who's a loser.

7. Unforgetable turkey legs (or some large roasted bone, it doesn't matter), lasciviously consumed, open mouth and lots of tongue with "Momma"!

turkey legs has got to be Tom Jones having food sex with Mrs Waters

Edited by insomniac (log)

Currently in play:

Clues from eGullet poster waterdogs: Now, I already mentioned it might be cheating since was only in the movie due to the movie's subject matter...but if you do not hurry, you will not be able to eat this at the location in the film. You will have to use the "recipe" someone posted long ago in eGullet (!!)

3. egg yolk, a turkey drumstick, and birthday cake

4. "And two fried eggs, two poached eggs, two scrambled eggs, and two medium-boiled eggs."

5. Scorched guinea fowl for dinner ("don't ask"), and brownies for dessert. There's an extra brownie for a winner who's a loser.

6. Unforgetable turkey legs (or some large roasted bone, it doesn't matter), lasciviously consumed, open mouth and lots of tongue with "Momma"!

7. "Your're not eating?"

"I had bugs for lunch..........."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I cheated and Googled movie number 4 and found out it's the Marx Brothers but I don't know from what movie.

Tim Oliver

Attacking lobster...

Annie Hall

I guess it's a classic gag!

So far we have, Pretty Woman, Naked Gun 2 1/2 and Annie Hall... :smile:

Here's an easy movie:

Reese's Pieces

Tim Oliver

Currently in play:

turkey legs has got to be Tom Jones having food sex with Mrs Waters

Insomniac,

You are perfect - EXCEPT they shared more then mere food sex... and later... poor Tom wrongly assumed that Mrs. Waters was his Mother!

Tim

Attacking lobster...

Annie Hall

I guess it's a classic gag!

So far we have, Pretty Woman, Naked Gun 2 1/2 and Annie Hall... :smile:

Wasn't it the escargot in pretty woman - and while we are on that subject what kind of a jerk would order the kind of food richard gere does in that movie for someone who is already socialy out of their depth and very uncomfortable with the dinner arrangements without throwing in escargot?

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

^Ooh... that does sound more familiar now... (sorry for the mistake)

Currently in play:

5. Scorched guinea fowl for dinner ("don't ask"), and brownies for dessert. There's an extra brownie for a winner who's a loser.

Notting Hill

I didn't post that clue but I recall the brownie scene quite well now that you mention it. Well done.

Tim Oliver

Another movie puzzle...here's some dialogue from the script:

"...now just stay calm. Stay calm. Don't look down, don't look down! Look up! Just keep your eyes up and keep them that way, o.k.!

Waiter there are snails on her plate. Now get them out of here before she sees them! Look away, just look away, keep your eyes that way!

You would think that in a fancy restaurant at these prices you could keep the snails off the food! There are so many snails there you can't even see the food! Now take those away and bring us those melted cheese sandwich appetizers you talked me out of!"

Tim Oliver